Cracking interview and getting your desired job
Either you are appearing for the interview in private company or preparing for IES class 1/2, there are some tricky questions that need to be well prepared before attending the interview.
- How would you check the quality of cement on-site, without lab test?
Answer- A typical answer would be like- Cement should be greenish-grey in color and when we put our hand in cement it should feel cold. If it is warmth, then it is a sign that hydration is started.Also, when we take cement in hand and start rubbing between our fingers it should feel smooth.
When we throw cement in water, it should float on water instead of sinking immediately.
- What are the properties of a first-class brick?When we throw the brick from one-meter height then it shouldn’t be broken. Also, when we collide two bricks with each other then it should sound like ringing.
- What is the soundness of aggregate?Answer-Soundness of concrete refers to change in its dimension with temperature. If an aggregate exhibit too much variation in dimension with the change in temperature then it shouldn’t be selected for making concrete.
- What is redistribution of moment?
- What is the initial and final setting time of standard OPC cement?
- How will you differ hardness and toughness?
- What is short term modulus of elasticity for concrete? Also tell that how will you find long term elasticity, as per IS:456-2000?
- What is the difference between creep and shrinkage?
- What is the minimum clear cover for reinforcement in the slab, beam, column and footing as per IS:456-2000?
- What is green concrete?
- What are some preventive measures of bleeding in fresh concrete?
- What is soil liquefaction? How to prevent it?
- Approximately how much liter is equal to 1 cubic foot?
- How to detect carbonation of concrete?
- Approximately how much cubic feet equals 1 cubic meter?
- What is the floating FSI?
- What is the difference between one-way slab and two-way slab?
- What is the major drawback of a doubly reinforce beam?
- What is the seismic design philosophy?
- What is capacity-based design?
- What is a non-linear analysis and which are the types of non-linearity?
- How to perform non-linear analysis? Which are different methods for it?
- What is the dynamic seismic analysis of building?
- What are the objectives of site exploration?
- which are the different methods of site exploration?
- What is soil improvement and how will you perform the same?
- What is the difference between true stress-strain and engineering stress-strain diagram?
- what are applications of pre-tensioned and post-tensioned concrete?
- What is the difference between strength and stiffness?
- What is the definition of ductility?
- What is the duration to remove formwork for beam, slab and column as per IS:456-2000?
- What are different types of admixtures, and which are their applications?
Non technical questions
Usually non-tech interview is being taken before gettig peep into your technical knowledge and experience. Its highly recommended for a candidate to give answers without anxiety and to the point.
Following are some typical questions.
- Tell us about yourself in brief.
- From where were you came to know about vacancy in our company?
- What do you know about our company portfolio?
- What is your expected CTC?
- What were your responcibilies in your past job?
- Why have you left your last job?
- Can you manage pressure and work life balance?
- What are your hobbies
- Are you willing to do bond with our company?
You may also wish to read