You are here it means you are surely preparing for job interview and search for help. You are at the right place.
If You have applied for a technical post like an assistant engineer in a structure design firm then you may have to pass through 2,3 or even more rounds of filtering candidates before you get an appointment letter in your hand.
You may find the following relevant questions useful to prepare for your interview.
Interview questions for Technical Round.
- Could you please introduce yourself to us in brief?
- Is W/C ratio of concrete is volume to volume ratio or weight to weight?
- Which one would you prefer? Volume batching or weigh batching and also tell us why?
- Do you know what is the price of 1 CM Ready Mix Concrete at present in the market?
- Could You prepare Bar Bending Schedule on your own?
- Do you have knowledge of types of tenders and processes of bidding?
- Approximately how much 1 cubic meter converts into cubic feet?
- How many liters of water is there in one cubic foot?
- In a Cantilever beam, where will you provide main reinforcement?
- AS per IS 456-2000, how will you decide the curtailment of the bar?
- Do you wish to continue your study in postgraduation?
- Do you have knowledge about AutoCAD or any other software?
Now, If you have cleared the Technical round then you have to go through HR Round.
Interview question for HR Round
- Why have you selected civil engineering as a career?
- What do you know about our company?
- What is the family background?
- Are you happy if you will get a job outside your current city, are you willing to relocate?
- Are you preparing for any Government job like Indian Engineering Service or Railway Services?
- Why should we hire you? What is special about you?
- Are you willing to sign a bond agreement with our company?
- What are your salary expectations?
If You left a good impression in the mind of the interview panel then there are chances that you will get selected. So, All the best for the interview.
You may find the following articles helpful
Civil Engineering Project ideas for final year B.Tech.
Most Useful civil engineering software