Civil engineering is the oldest branch amongst all of the engineering disciplines. Civil engineering also gives very diversified opportunities after completion of BE/BTech civil.
You can choose either of the following options.
- ME/MTech in either of the following branch
- Geotechnical engineering
- Structural engineering
- Transportation engineering
- Town planning
- Water resource engineering
- Construction management
- Environmental engineering
- You can opt for engineering service exams offered from UPSC or your state public service commission
- You are eligible to appear for the exam of Junior Engineer exam conducted every year by the Staff Selection Commission
- Can get the license of plan maker or civil engineer from urban development authority or corporation of your district
If you want to join telegram channel on civil engineering then the link is given below. 🙂
Role of a civil engineer
Civil engineers are indispensable to humanity. We toil incessantly to improve this world. As a civil engineer, one can have one or more of the following job roles.
- Site engineer
A site engineer is responsible to check the quality of concrete, make testing of concrete, check centering, maintain site order book and so on.
- Structure designer
A structure designer is, though not being appraised by people, the most important person for the construction. A structure designer details reinforcement and cross-section of the beam, column, foundation and slab, and other members. In short, structure designers design the skeleton of the building.