Civil engineering is the oldest branch of engineering. Civil engineering also gives very diversified opportunities after completion of BE/BTech Civil Engineering.
A civil engineer is responsible for better and more efficient transport facilities. A civil engineer designs buildings that can survive earthquakes and can give safe and comfortable shelter in all seasons. A civil engineer is a key person in construction of sewage treatment plants and solid waste dumping yards. The design of water treatment plants is also a responsibility of civil engineers.
After Grad in Civil one can opt for any of the following options for career advancement.
- ME/MTech In Either Of The Following Branch
- MTech in Geotechnical engineering
- MTech in Structural engineering
- MTech in Transportation engineering
- MTech in Town planning
- MTech in Water resource engineering
- MTech in Construction management
- MTech in Environmental engineering
- You can opt for engineering service exams offered by UPSC or your state public service commission. Vacancies in PWDs (Public Work Departments) are filled every year by Public Service Commission every year.
- You are eligible to appear for the exam of Junior Engineer exam conducted every year by the Staff Selection Commission
- You can get the license of a plan maker or civil engineer from the urban development authority or corporation of your district.
- You can choose the career as an assistant professor in any AICTE approved Diploma or Digree engineering college. Working as an academia is a great experience.
If you want to join the telegram channel on civil engineering then the link is given below. 🙂
Telegram channel on civil engineering
You may like – Most Useful Civil engineering Software
Role Of A Civil Engineer
Civil engineers are indispensable to humanity. One as a civil engineer toils incessantly to make this world a better and safe place for living every day.
As a civil engineer, one can have one or more of the following job roles.
- Site engineer– A site engineer is responsible to check the quality of concrete, making tests of concrete, checking centering, maintaining the site order book, maintaining the measurement book, and so on.
- Structure Designer– A structure designer is responsible for the design of the frame of buildings that carries the load of the building itself along with all the live loads, wind loads, and earthquake loads. A structure designer is the most important person in building design. The structure designer details reinforcement and cross-section of the beam, column, foundation and slab, and other members. The duty of selecting the grade of the material like the grade of concrete and steel is also on the shoulder of the structure designer. In short, structure designers design the skeleton of the building.
Other Interesting Posts